Laptop Loan Agreement
- I understand that the laptop/device is my responsibility while it is checked out to me. I will take all reasonable precautions to protect it. If others use it while it is checked out to me and damage occurs, I understand that I will be held liable for any loss, damage, or criminal acts that may occur.
- I agree that I will be responsible for repair or replacement of the laptop and its accessories due to any loss, damage, or theft. I understand that the replacement/ repair costs of the laptop can be up to $2500.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to make arrangements with OSU to pay any and all charges incurred as a result of any damage, loss, or theft of the laptop or device. Failure to do so may result in an inability to register for classes or receive my diploma or transcripts.
- I understand that if the device is stolen I must notify OrangeTech in person, by phone 405-744-9854 or via email at OrangeTech@okstate.edu immediately and file a police report with the Oklahoma State University Campus Police.
- I understand that I am responsible for all overdue fines incurred. These fines are $20.00 for each day overdue.
- I agree to adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in licensing agreements including but not limited to licensing grant restrictions, copyright restrictions and transfer restrictions.
- I agree to adhere to use policies for uniform access computing as outlined by Oklahoma State University and other Student Technology Fee Laboratory restrictions or requirements.
- I understand that the hard-drive is wiped after each use and anything installed or saved to the device will be erased. If I wish to save any data, it must be to an external USB drive or my network drive.
- I understand that Oklahoma State University is NOT responsible for loss of data or damage to files that may occur due to the use of the laptop computer.
- I understand that this agreement must be renewed each academic year and that a loss of privileges will occur for a failure to comply with these policies and guidelines.
- I am currently enrolled as a student at Oklahoma State University Stillwater, or currently employed as an OSU Stillwater Faculty or Staff member.
Damage/ Replacement Cost Estimates
All listed costs are estimates subject to change without notice.
+ Laptop Replacement due to loss, theft, or damage: up to $2500
+ Damage to the laptops (includes dents, scratches marks, dented corners, liquid damage, removal or rearrangement of keys, LCD display damage, hinge broken or other damage rendering device inoperable): $100 minimum charge or repair cost
+ Missing or damaged battery: $140
+ Missing or damaged Power Cord: $100
Please fill out the Laptop Loan Agreement Form to complete your agreement. By submitting the Laptop Loan Agreement Form, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions as listed above.
shopokstate.com | 405.744.9854
OrangeTech is owned and operated by Oklahoma State University, and every purchase made at OrangeTech directly benefits the university.