Textbook Rental Agreement
The University Store’s textbook rental program allows students attending Oklahoma State University the opportunity to rent selected textbooks for the duration of the current academic semester according to the terms and conditions outlined below.
- I am at least 18 years of age and am entering into this Textbook Rental Agreement with the University Store of my own free will.
- I understand the materials rented to me are the property of the University Store, and that I must return all rented textbooks in salable condition to the University Store by the end of the rental term.
- I will be required to secure the rented textbooks with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express credit card at the time of rental in the event of damage or failure to return.
- I understand that I am renting these materials for one semester only. If the same textbook is needed for future semesters, I must return the textbook to the University Store by the rental return deadline and re-rent the book for the following semester.
- I have the option to purchase the rental textbook from the University Store within the first 10 days of the fall or spring semester, or during the first five days of the summer semester, for the regular retail price of the textbook based on its original condition, new or used, and have my rental fee refunded.
- I can return my rented textbooks for a full refund anytime within the first 10 days of the fall or spring semester, or during the first five days of the summer semester, if I drop the class for which the textbook is required. I will be required to bring the rented textbook, my rental receipt and confirmation of the dropped course to the University Store to get my refund.
- Rental fees will be refunded only (1) upon proof that the course was canceled by Oklahoma State University, (2) if the class is dropped or (3) if the rental textbook is subsequently purchased. I understand that my rental fee is non-refundable for any reason after the first 10 days of the fall or spring semester, or after the first five days of the summer semester.
- I will return all rented materials to the University Store by no later than the 5 p.m. on the last day of the academic semester for which the textbook was rented.
- Normal highlighting and writing in rental textbooks is permitted and acceptable. However, if I return my rental in incomplete or unsalable condition (including, but not limited to, damage to the cover or spine, torn pages, water damage, fire, etc.) I will be charged for replacing the textbook. Charges are calculated as the difference between the rental price and the new book retail price plus tax. The University Store determines salable condition and all such decisions are final.
- I am fully responsible for any loss or theft of the rented textbook.
- If I fail to return the rented textbook by the deadlines outlined above for any reason, I understand the University Store will charge my credit card for replacing the textbook. Charges are calculated as the difference between the rental price and the new book retail price plus tax.
- I understand the University Store reserves the right to deny me of future rental opportunities should I fail to adhere to the terms and conditions of this Textbook Rental Agreement.
By signing the transaction receipt, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions as listed above.